Luxembourg, Senior Accountant, Real EstateOctober 6, 2016
Our Mission is to deliver value by creating new and higher standards of excellence. We may not be the biggest player in the market, but we will become the most respected. And we will do this by building on our success and then raising the industry bar in excellence of technical skills, of customer service and of overall understanding and responsiveness.
Our experience in establishing and administering real estate structures for joint ventures, funds and long-term asset holding is extensive. Our specialist abilities are particularly effective in administering complex structures owning high value assets.
We manage structures holding assets across many property sectors, including office, retail, industrial, shopping centres, hotels and leisure, residential, development and student accommodation.
Elian’s specialist Real Estate team includes more than 40 fund administrators, accountants and support staff who all work exclusively on real estate structures which have an aggregate value of £30 billion assets under management.
Elian - Real Estate
- Bookkeeping and preparation of annual accounts under Lux GAAP (knowledge of UK GAAP/ IFRS/ US GAAP is beneficial) for Private Equity and Real Estate clients, including some assistance with audits, for regulated and unregulated entities
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi annual and ad-hoc management accounts for regulated and unregulated vehicles
- Under the supervision of the Manager, preparation of regulated entities regulatory reporting to the CSSF and/or BCL
- Preparation of annual tax return (CIT, MBT, NWT) and/or VAT returns; follow up with related administrations and client advisers
- Production of periodic NAVs – to include reconciliations of portfolio transactions, cash reconciliations and accrual processing
- Ensure client records are clearly updated with all correspondence
- Communicate openly and honestly with clients on a regular basis
- Day-to-day contact with local and international client advisers, including lawyers, tax advisers and auditors
People & Team
- Be responsible and approachable when given tasks by a senior team member
- Provide new, innovative ideas on how to improve the efficiencies of daily tasks
- Take care of and establish good relationships with all suppliers, team mates and clients
- Drive personal development using all the resources available at Elian to achieve success
- On the job training of junior colleagues
- Ensuring that internal team management and client information is completed on a timely and accurate basis on internal systems
- Supervision of the book keeping function in conjunction with the accounting requirements of the administration team
- Work closely with the Manager in order to assist them with the day-to-day operations of a portfolio of clients as well as internal finance matters
- Take the necessary corrective and preventative action if an error occurs including timely logging on the error reporting system
Skills & Expertise
- Experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English and French
- BAC +3 in a business related degree
- ACCA qualification or equivalent would be beneficial.
- Strong technical knowledge within SPV, real estate and Private Equity Funds business areas
- Excellent proven client relationship experience and feedback
- Current LUX GAAP experience (knowledge of UK GAAP/ IFRS/ US GAAP is beneficial)
- Preferable to have experience with Sage BOB50 and/or Sungard Investran.
- Good comprehension of PE/RE business operations
- Demonstrate expertise on hybrids instruments accounting
- Willingness to work in a team and an ability to work autonomously
- Daily bookkeeping and preparation of annual accounts including notes
- Able to deliver clear and accurate figures in the respect of the deadlines
- Mainly dedicated to client accounting (SOPARFIs)
- Consolidation knowledge is a plus