Jersey, System Accountant, FundsNovember 15, 2016
Our Mission is to deliver value by creating new and higher standards of excellence. We may not be the biggest player in the market, but we will become the most respected. And we will do this by building on our success and then raising the industry bar in excellence of technical skills, of customer service and of overall understanding and responsiveness.
Elian is a leading independent provider of fund administration and outsource services. We put our clients at the heart of our business, providing accurate, efficient and bespoke reporting to them and their investors using technology that is designed to deliver the best and most reliable fund unique platform.
This role is as a team member within the accounting systems team which is a sub team located within the Funds team in Jersey.
The team is newly formed and its role will expand. Currently the team will focus primarily upon accounting automation, data migrations/remediation and defined tasks to support the funds business.
Maintain an accurate record of the accounting data requirements for each legal entity where data is managed by the team along with the timelines where data remediation is required and continually monitor the status against these requirements.
- Reconciling client data to Investran/NavOne and ensuring data granularity is captured and maintained according to best practice
- Become a subject matter expert in the use of the Investran/NavOne and support teams by responding to adhoc queries and providing ongoing training/guidance
- Proactively seek to identify enhancements to be adopted by the teams using Investran and provide support to the teams in their adoption
- Improving efficiencies through automation of outputs as well as custom report writing
- Take ownership of all migrations into Investran/NavOne from an accounting perspective including data remediation
- Maintain client documents with integrity and the highest levels of confidentiality
- Support the team by keeping the relevant systems updated and solve any system related issues that may arise
- Manage and develop good working relationships with the funds team at Elian, the funds support team and any external parties to Elian
- Ensure the systems teams senior is kept informed of activities at all times
- Take the necessary corrective and preventative action if an error occurs including informing all parties involved
People & Team
- Be approachable and accessible when given tasks by a senior team member as well as offering guidance and development to the wider teams when required
- Ability to represent the team and present ideas/proposals to various stakeholders
- Supporting the funds team with subscriptions, redemptions and notifications on an adhoc basis where technical support is required
- Proactively ensure that internal team management information is completed on a timely basis
- Delegate the work flow to the most suited team member and ensure deadlines are achieved within agreed timelines
- Ensure compliance with the Firm’s professional conduct, quality and ethical standards
- Provide new, innovative ideas on how to improve the efficiencies of daily tasks
- Take care of and establish good relationships with all suppliers, team mates and clients
- Drive personal development using all the resources available at Elian to achieve success
- To undertake project work as instructed by the senior
- Preparation of fee quotes in relation to expected accounting costs and contribution to the analysis of actual costs against budget
- Accurately record all time spent dealing with client matters to ensure the client’s are correctly invoiced
- Responsible for providing on going management/dashboard reporting (for multiple stakeholders) based on the scope and objectives of the team, where necessary working with the finance team to obtain the core data so that it is fit for purpose
Skills & Expertise
- Be able to deal with tasks independently & use own initiative
- Must be committed and driven to achieving excellence for themselves and their client
- Strong academic background
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- ACCA qualified with ‘Big 4’ experience desired
- Strong technical knowledge within private equity, SPVs, real estate and funds business areas
- Excellent proven client relationship experience and feedback
- Current IFRS/US GAAP/ UK accounting standards experience
- Proficient IT skills, ideally Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Navision, Elite and Investran
- Desire for progression